Traffic light proposal stopped by Ft. Bend Co. commissioners
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- After a lengthy discussion, Fort Bend County commissioners have decided not to put traffic lights at an intersection.
They originally wanted to put a traffic signal at Greatwood Parkway and Sansbury to make it safer. However, neighbors worried that people would in fact speed through the intersection to beat the light.
The intersection is right next to an elementary school.
County commissioners say after further review they agreed that the stop signs are safer.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year' 16 min ago
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses 32 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 7 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony 4 min ago
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail 9 min ago
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids