Mario Williams, ex-fiancee trying to work out who gets engagement ring
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Lawyers for former Houston Texans player Mario Williams and his former fiancee are trying to work out details over the engagement ring that has been the target of a lawsuit and countersuit.
Williams is suing Erin Marzouki to get his $875,000 engagement ring back. He accuses her of breaking off their engagement and never having any intention of marrying him.
Marzouki filed a countersuit alleging Williams was the one who broke off the engagement and that he said she could keep the ring.
According to a court clerk, both parties have agreed to go through mediation to attempt to reach an agreement. If one can't be reached, they will go before a judge.
nfl, buffalo bills, houston texans, local
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Massive fire breaks out at NE Harris Co. home 6 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery 33 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend 46 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class