Mario Williams, ex-fiancee trying to work out who gets engagement ring
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Lawyers for former Houston Texans player Mario Williams and his former fiancee are trying to work out details over the engagement ring that has been the target of a lawsuit and countersuit.
Williams is suing Erin Marzouki to get his $875,000 engagement ring back. He accuses her of breaking off their engagement and never having any intention of marrying him.
Marzouki filed a countersuit alleging Williams was the one who broke off the engagement and that he said she could keep the ring.
According to a court clerk, both parties have agreed to go through mediation to attempt to reach an agreement. If one can't be reached, they will go before a judge.
nfl, buffalo bills, houston texans, local
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 27 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy