Mario Williams, ex-fiancee trying to work out who gets engagement ring
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Lawyers for former Houston Texans player Mario Williams and his former fiancee are trying to work out details over the engagement ring that has been the target of a lawsuit and countersuit.
Williams is suing Erin Marzouki to get his $875,000 engagement ring back. He accuses her of breaking off their engagement and never having any intention of marrying him.
Marzouki filed a countersuit alleging Williams was the one who broke off the engagement and that he said she could keep the ring.
According to a court clerk, both parties have agreed to go through mediation to attempt to reach an agreement. If one can't be reached, they will go before a judge.
nfl, buffalo bills, houston texans, local
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods