Mario Williams, ex-fiancee trying to work out who gets engagement ring
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Lawyers for former Houston Texans player Mario Williams and his former fiancee are trying to work out details over the engagement ring that has been the target of a lawsuit and countersuit.
Williams is suing Erin Marzouki to get his $875,000 engagement ring back. He accuses her of breaking off their engagement and never having any intention of marrying him.
Marzouki filed a countersuit alleging Williams was the one who broke off the engagement and that he said she could keep the ring.
According to a court clerk, both parties have agreed to go through mediation to attempt to reach an agreement. If one can't be reached, they will go before a judge.
nfl, buffalo bills, houston texans, local
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery 22 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston 5 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Family escapes house fire in east Houston
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day 20 min ago
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas