Arrests made after months-long Conroe drug investigation
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- Five people are under arrest following an investigation by the Conroe Police Department that targeted crack cocaine in the city.
According to Conroe police, the investigation initially targeted users who were able to lead them to mid-level dealers. During that part of the investigation, police say they were able to make 53 cases on 29 different people.
The next phase of the investigation led them to five more suspects -- Jermond Thompson, 25; Sandra Dennis, 53; Michael Dennis, 33; Roddrick Jordan, 25 and Rita Dennis, 52. They were arrested at four different locations on Wednesday.
Police say Thompson and Sandra Dennis were at one location in Conroe and found to be in possession of cocaine. At another location, they say Michael Dennis, who had two warrants out for delivery of a controlled substance, was found. He was also charged with possession of a controlled substance. Jordan, who had two delivery of a controlled substance warrant out, was reportedly found at a third location and Rita Dennis was found at a fourth location. She's charged with possession of a controlled substance.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- HPD: Homeless man shoots, kills armed burglar 18 min ago
- Stolen Snap-on truck found burning in NW Harris Co. 54 min ago
- SWAT scene underway in SW Houston 9 min ago
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US 15 min ago
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Casey Curry's Thursday weather forecast
21 min ago