Arrests made after months-long Conroe drug investigation
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- Five people are under arrest following an investigation by the Conroe Police Department that targeted crack cocaine in the city.
According to Conroe police, the investigation initially targeted users who were able to lead them to mid-level dealers. During that part of the investigation, police say they were able to make 53 cases on 29 different people.
The next phase of the investigation led them to five more suspects -- Jermond Thompson, 25; Sandra Dennis, 53; Michael Dennis, 33; Roddrick Jordan, 25 and Rita Dennis, 52. They were arrested at four different locations on Wednesday.
Police say Thompson and Sandra Dennis were at one location in Conroe and found to be in possession of cocaine. At another location, they say Michael Dennis, who had two warrants out for delivery of a controlled substance, was found. He was also charged with possession of a controlled substance. Jordan, who had two delivery of a controlled substance warrant out, was reportedly found at a third location and Rita Dennis was found at a fourth location. She's charged with possession of a controlled substance.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident