Notice smoke and haze across the Houston area?
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you've noticed smoke and haze across the viewing area, there's a reason.
Eyewitness News Chief Meteorologist Tim Heller says the smoke people are noticing is from agricultural fires burning in southern Mexico and Central America.
Air quality levels are in the unhealthy range southeast of Houston. If you're sensitive to the smoke, you should avoid prolonged exposure to outside air.
Unfortunately, the problem could affect your weekend.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the very latest on the smoke and haze across the area.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston 50 min ago
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 14 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Suspected drunk driver in Atascocita fatal crash due in court 11 min ago
- Two charged in death of North Texas student