Boy, 5, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A five-year-old boy drowned in a pool in Ft. Bend County yesterday.
It happened around 7:30pm during a birthday party at the Greatwood Pool #3 off Winding Brook Drive and Shadow Bend Drive.
Authorities tell Eyewitness News the young boy, who's been identified as Jaden Nwokedi, was in the shallow end with friends when everyone lost track of him. Nwoked couldn't swim, and when they found him and pulled him out of the water, his lips were already blue.
A nurse who happened to be at the scene began performing CPR until emergency responders arrived on scene.
The boy was transported via LifeFlight to Memorial Hermann Hospital with CPR still being performed. But it was too late.
We're told lifeguards were on duty at the time.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today