Triathletes push themselves to the limit today in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- In The Woodlands, triathletes will push their limits in today's ironman competition.
It is the third year the Memorial Hermann Ironman will be held. Fifty competitors will qualify for the ironman world championships in Hawaii.
The competition includes a 2.4-mile swim in Lake Woodlands, a 112-mile bike ride through farmland and the Sam Houston National Forest, and a 26.2-mile run in The Woodlands.
The finish line is on Waterway Square Place.
If you're out there cheering on the athletes today, make sure to send photos to us at email@example.com.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident along Beltway feeder 43 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Moisture moves back with with rain chances rising