Triathletes push themselves to the limit today in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- In The Woodlands, triathletes will push their limits in today's ironman competition.
It is the third year the Memorial Hermann Ironman will be held. Fifty competitors will qualify for the ironman world championships in Hawaii.
The competition includes a 2.4-mile swim in Lake Woodlands, a 112-mile bike ride through farmland and the Sam Houston National Forest, and a 26.2-mile run in The Woodlands.
The finish line is on Waterway Square Place.
If you're out there cheering on the athletes today, make sure to send photos to us at email@example.com.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game