Suspect dead, victim injured during attempted robbery shootout
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An attempted robbery just outside of downtown Houston erupted into a gunfight that left one suspect dead and the victim injured, police say.
The shooting happened around 6:30am in the 2900 block of Pease.
Police say a man coming home from a club was confronted by as many as five suspects. When the suspects tried to rob him, a shootout erupted.
One of the suspects was killed and the victim was transported to a hospital to be treated for a gunshot wound. Police say he's since been released from the hospital.
Police believe another suspect also was injured in the gunfight and say they have a person of interest at another hospital.
No other details were immediately available.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 1 min ago
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 43 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 53 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach 9 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 40 min ago
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom