Suspect dead, victim injured during attempted robbery shootout
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An attempted robbery just outside of downtown Houston erupted into a gunfight that left one suspect dead and the victim injured, police say.
The shooting happened around 6:30am in the 2900 block of Pease.
Police say a man coming home from a club was confronted by as many as five suspects. When the suspects tried to rob him, a shootout erupted.
One of the suspects was killed and the victim was transported to a hospital to be treated for a gunshot wound. Police say he's since been released from the hospital.
Police believe another suspect also was injured in the gunfight and say they have a person of interest at another hospital.
No other details were immediately available.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder 1 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat 42 min ago
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room