DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One suspect is in the hospital and several others are in custody after a shooting involving a DEA agent in the Galleria area Saturday.
It happened in the 100 block of North Post Oak. Investigators say a DEA agent was forced to draw his weapon while confronting a suspect. That suspect is in the hospital right now, expected to recover.
Officials aren't releasing much information because so many people involved in the sting that led up to that shooting are undercover. But what we do know is DEA agents were involved in the sting operation and aside from the one suspect in the hospital, three other men are in custody.
Investigators say those DEA agents came upon a vehicle at about 1 pm. They say the driver started threatening one of the agents by driving toward him. That agent, we're told, then shot the driver multiple times.
"Once the suspect noticed that something was going awry, he floored the vehicle and revved it in the direction of one of the DEA agents, who discharged his weapon more than once, struck the suspect," HPD Spokesman John Cannon said.
The DEA agent, who has not been identified, was not injured.
Officials say all four suspects, including the one who was shot, are now facing federal charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, pooja lodhia
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 58 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch 42 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise 19 min ago
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say?