Niko Niko's World Gyro Eating Championship crowns winner
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two of the nation's best competitive eaters went head to head in Houston this afternoon in an eating competition with a Greek twist.
Joey Chestnut took top honors, besting his fiercest rival, Matt Stonie, at the sixth annual Niko Niko's World Gyro Eating Championship. The menu? Pita gyros from the foodie favorite restaurant. Chestnut ate 22 1/4 of them in 10 minutes.
Chestnut walks away with a grand prize of $5,000. The competition was held Sunday afternoon at the Houston Greek Fest on Eldridge Parkway.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 18 min ago
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 11 min ago
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Teen arrested after allegedly racing illegally 27 min ago
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans