Man injured, 2 homes damaged after driving lesson gone wrong
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driving lesson ended with a man in the hospital, a trail of damaged cars and two homes with holes in them
It happened Sunday afternoon on Prairie Ridge in southwest Houston. Neighbors say a man was teaching his wife how to drive when she put the car in reverse and ran over him on the driveway. She then hit a car on another driveway.
The impact pushed the car into a pickup, and the pickup into the wall of the garage. Neighbors say the woman panicked, reversed again and drove through a front yard and right into another home.
"I just heard a big bang. And that was it. Ran out here to check what happened and saw a car through the house," said Marlon Rodas.
The home has a gaping hole and a pile of debris to clean up, but no one was hurt. The husband who was run over is in the hospital.
Police say they're still trying sort out exactly what happened before considering charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak