Man injured, 2 homes damaged after driving lesson gone wrong
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driving lesson ended with a man in the hospital, a trail of damaged cars and two homes with holes in them
It happened Sunday afternoon on Prairie Ridge in southwest Houston. Neighbors say a man was teaching his wife how to drive when she put the car in reverse and ran over him on the driveway. She then hit a car on another driveway.
The impact pushed the car into a pickup, and the pickup into the wall of the garage. Neighbors say the woman panicked, reversed again and drove through a front yard and right into another home.
"I just heard a big bang. And that was it. Ran out here to check what happened and saw a car through the house," said Marlon Rodas.
The home has a gaping hole and a pile of debris to clean up, but no one was hurt. The husband who was run over is in the hospital.
Police say they're still trying sort out exactly what happened before considering charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant