Uriel Landeros sentenced to 2 years for vandalizing Menil Collection Picasso
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man who plead guilty to vandalizing a Picasso painting at a Houston museum has been sentenced for the crime.
Defense attorneys tell us Uriel Landeros received a 2-year prison sentence for the graffiti. He's been in custody since January, and his lawyer says he'll likely be released on parole immediately.
Landeros was caught on camera defacing Picasso's "Woman in a Red Armchair" at the Menil Collection last June. He was on the run for several months.
A charge of criminal mischief was dismissed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter... 59 min ago
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad 47 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
59 min ago