Child at center of Amber Alert found safe
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A child who was allegedly taken by his father, after investigators say that father assaulted the child's mother, has been located.
An Amber Alert was issued for 18-month-old Luke Towner earlier today. This after investigators with the Harris County Sheriff's Office say his father, Cody Towner, assaulted the child's mother, then took off with the child, making threats to kill both himself and Luke.
The two had been last seen on Monday, May 20 at the Crown Plaza Hotel on Highway 59 in the Houston area. Cody Towner was arrested on a ferry in Galveston.
We're working to gather more details. We'll post those as soon as we have them.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 44 min ago
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters 15 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 30 min ago
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos 24 min ago
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou