Montgomery man tells deputies he shot his wife during argument
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Montgomery County woman is in critical condition, and her husband is in jail.
At about 1:30am Thursday, the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call from a man who said he had shot his wife. The shooting occurred in the 30600 block of Towering Oaks located in the southwest part of the county.
When deputies arrived at the home, the suspect, Christopher Cormier, came out of the house and surrendered. The victim, Lisa Cooper, was found inside the home with a gunshot wound to the head. Cooper was taken by helicopter to a Houston hospital and remains in critical condition.
Investigators say the shooting occurred during an argument. Cormier, 36, was charged with aggravated assault and remains in the Montgomery County Jail on $100,000 bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash 52 min ago
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured... 2 min ago
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Police: Fight over woman ends in fatal stabbing 55 min ago
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
51 min ago