Montgomery man tells deputies he shot his wife during argument
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Montgomery County woman is in critical condition, and her husband is in jail.
At about 1:30am Thursday, the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call from a man who said he had shot his wife. The shooting occurred in the 30600 block of Towering Oaks located in the southwest part of the county.
When deputies arrived at the home, the suspect, Christopher Cormier, came out of the house and surrendered. The victim, Lisa Cooper, was found inside the home with a gunshot wound to the head. Cooper was taken by helicopter to a Houston hospital and remains in critical condition.
Investigators say the shooting occurred during an argument. Cormier, 36, was charged with aggravated assault and remains in the Montgomery County Jail on $100,000 bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County 5 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 26 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink 39 min ago
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park 14 min ago
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation 2 min ago
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town 56 min ago
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos
- Video: Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor... 8 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- 2013 brought surprises, good and bad, to viewers
- Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor...
8 min ago
- Take a trip to Santa's Town
8 min ago