Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Liberty County jailer has found herself on the other side of the cell bars.
Latondra Netrell Brown, a correctional officer for the Community Education Center at the Liberty County Jail, has been arrested amid accusations she smuggled tobacco, marijuana and "dangerous drugs" to inmates at the county jail, according to the Liberty County Sheriff's Office. She's been employed as a correctional officer for about a year.
Brown, 22, now faces three felony charges and is being held at the county jail pending a bond hearing.
Detectives are still trying to determine whether any other jail employees were involved in the operation but say Brown is cooperating with the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos