Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Liberty County jailer has found herself on the other side of the cell bars.
Latondra Netrell Brown, a correctional officer for the Community Education Center at the Liberty County Jail, has been arrested amid accusations she smuggled tobacco, marijuana and "dangerous drugs" to inmates at the county jail, according to the Liberty County Sheriff's Office. She's been employed as a correctional officer for about a year.
Brown, 22, now faces three felony charges and is being held at the county jail pending a bond hearing.
Detectives are still trying to determine whether any other jail employees were involved in the operation but say Brown is cooperating with the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 48 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 44 min ago
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Woman charged after allegedly kicking son in Walmart
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home