Deputy killed in alleged drunken driving wreck to be laid to rest
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Harris County deputy sheriff killed by a suspected drunk driver will be laid to rest over the weekend.
Funeral services for 47-year old Sergeant Dwayne Polk will be held Saturday.
Polk was a 16-year veteran of the Harris County Sheriff's Office. He was killed in a crash early Sunday morning when 22-year old Andres Munos crashed into his vehicle.
Investigators say Munos' blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit.
Munos was previously deported and has a prior DWI arrest. He's being held without bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident 50 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 17 min ago
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women 9 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- SpaceX launches supplies to space station 31 min ago
- Easter on 4/20, pot holy day; pastors reach out 48 min ago
- University overstated fiscal health by some $23M 58 min ago
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio