Deputy killed in alleged drunken driving wreck to be laid to rest
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Harris County deputy sheriff killed by a suspected drunk driver will be laid to rest over the weekend.
Funeral services for 47-year old Sergeant Dwayne Polk will be held Saturday.
Polk was a 16-year veteran of the Harris County Sheriff's Office. He was killed in a crash early Sunday morning when 22-year old Andres Munos crashed into his vehicle.
Investigators say Munos' blood alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit.
Munos was previously deported and has a prior DWI arrest. He's being held without bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 6 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW 15 min ago
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses 33 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date? 45 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 56 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette' 58 min ago
- Travis Herzog's Tuesday weather forecast
50 min ago