HCSO deputy killed in crash with alleged drunk driver laid to rest
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Harris County Sheriff's Office deputy killed in a crash with a suspected drunken driver has been laid to rest.
Family members, friends and fellow deputies attended the funeral of Sgt. Dwayne Polk at the Community of Faith Church on Pinemont Drive on Saturday.
The 47-year-old was driving home from an extra job when he was hit in north Houston last Sunday.
Andres Munos is charged with intoxication manslaughter in the deputy's death.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day 56 min ago
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 59 min ago
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas
- Guide dog saves blind man who fell on subway tracks 26 min ago
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final