HCSO deputy killed in crash with alleged drunk driver laid to rest
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Harris County Sheriff's Office deputy killed in a crash with a suspected drunken driver has been laid to rest.
Family members, friends and fellow deputies attended the funeral of Sgt. Dwayne Polk at the Community of Faith Church on Pinemont Drive on Saturday.
The 47-year-old was driving home from an extra job when he was hit in north Houston last Sunday.
Andres Munos is charged with intoxication manslaughter in the deputy's death.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck