HCSO deputy killed in crash with alleged drunk driver laid to rest
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Harris County Sheriff's Office deputy killed in a crash with a suspected drunken driver has been laid to rest.
Family members, friends and fellow deputies attended the funeral of Sgt. Dwayne Polk at the Community of Faith Church on Pinemont Drive on Saturday.
The 47-year-old was driving home from an extra job when he was hit in north Houston last Sunday.
Andres Munos is charged with intoxication manslaughter in the deputy's death.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale