Coast Guard searching for missing adult, boy in San Luis Pass
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- The Coast Guard is searching for an adult and a 10-year-old child that were reported missing in San Luis Pass this morning.
Authorities say a 48-year-old male from Missouri City and his 10-year-old son are missing.
The family of the missing individuals called the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office reporting that while swimming in San Luis Pass the 10-year-old child had called for help. When the father of the child ran into the water to help the family reported losing sight of both the father and the child.
A response boat from Freeport and a Coast Guard helicopter from Houston are searching for the victims.
We're following this developing story and will have more for you on Eyewitness News and abc13.com.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 44 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 41 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant