Toddler drowns in Lake Jackson pond
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Memorial Day weekend took a tragic turn for one family after their 22-month-old drowned in a pond behind his grandparents' Brazoria County home.
Easton Whipple was pronounced dead just after 10:30pm Saturday by a doctor at Brazosport Memorial Hospital, according to the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office.
About an hour and half earlier, the toddler and his family were at a Lake Jackson home in the 100 block of Pesimmon, visiting his grandparents.
Whipple's mother said children were coming in and out of the house and someone must have left door unlocked. Soon, the mother noticed her son was missing.
After a 15-minute search for him, the family called 911. That's when emergency personnel found his body in a pond behind the grandparents' home.
CPR was started immediately and continued for 20 minutes at the hospital before a time of death was declared.
The boy's body has been sent to the Galveston County Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive 7 min ago
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 26 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290