Jury selection begins for officer accused in videotaped police beating of teen suspect
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An update on the videotaped police beating of a teenage burglary suspect -- jury selection for the final officer accused in the case began Thursday.
Drew Ryser is charged with official oppression in the 2010 beating of Chad Holley. Two other former officers, Raad Hassan and Phil Bryan, pleaded no contest last month and received deferred adjudication. Ryser rejected the plea deal and opted to go to trial.
A fourth officer was acquitted last year.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded 54 min ago
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl 26 min ago
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Magnitude-6.2 quake hits Chile's northern coast 59 min ago
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks 23 min ago
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover