Downtown Houston getting a splash of color as graffiti artists paint Greenstreet
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Downtown Houston is getting a splash of color.
Graffiti artists are painting the walls of Greenstreet, a dining and entertainment center between Fannin and San Jacinto.
Four walls will be painted with the artists' interpretation of the city. "We actually want to bring people in to come and experience something different, something new, something fresh," artist GONZO247 said. "A lot of people think they know downtown. We're going to give them a reason to come back and rediscover what they think they know, and hopefully they walk away with a better sense of what's going on in their own city."
The artists will be painting Monday through Wednesday.
Visitors are invited to drop in and see them work.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle