Downtown Houston getting a splash of color as graffiti artists paint Greenstreet
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Downtown Houston is getting a splash of color.
Graffiti artists are painting the walls of Greenstreet, a dining and entertainment center between Fannin and San Jacinto.
Four walls will be painted with the artists' interpretation of the city. "We actually want to bring people in to come and experience something different, something new, something fresh," artist GONZO247 said. "A lot of people think they know downtown. We're going to give them a reason to come back and rediscover what they think they know, and hopefully they walk away with a better sense of what's going on in their own city."
The artists will be painting Monday through Wednesday.
Visitors are invited to drop in and see them work.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home patients die from blunt force trauma 4 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire 37 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test 5 min ago
- Massive shark reeled in from Gulf
- Toddler flown to hospital after dog bit him in the face
- Woman says used car's sweet deal turned sour