Sugar Land to create task force to study red light cameras
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- The Sugar Land City Council made a ruling on a petition calling for an election on red light cameras.
The council says the petition does not meet the requirements of the city charter.
The petitioners say they have enough signatures to secure an election to ban red light cameras in Sugar Land. The council says the signatures were not properly obtained but did agree to create a citizen task force to study the red light camera program.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
sugar land, local
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos