Sugar Land to create task force to study red light cameras
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- The Sugar Land City Council made a ruling on a petition calling for an election on red light cameras.
The council says the petition does not meet the requirements of the city charter.
The petitioners say they have enough signatures to secure an election to ban red light cameras in Sugar Land. The council says the signatures were not properly obtained but did agree to create a citizen task force to study the red light camera program.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
sugar land, local
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush 13 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished 24 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- David Tillman's weather forecast
32 min ago
- Schools add yoga program to empower kids
46 min ago