Man killed in wreck in northeast Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 60-year-old man was killed when a tow truck slammed into the back of this Jeep Cherokee in northeast Harris County.
It happened Tuesday afternoon along the Beltway near Lake Houston Parkway. The Jeep driver had broken down and was waiting for his son when the wrecker hit him. The SUV was pushed several yards, caught fire and left behind a trail of scorched asphalt.
The wrecker driver and several passersby did pull the man's body from the Jeep.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 7 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident 33 min ago
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Moisture moves back with with rain chances rising