Fort Bend County detectives need help identifying home burglar
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives need your help identifying a suspect wanted in connection to a Fort Bend County home burglary.
Around 7am on May 23, a neighbor reported a break-in at a home in the 15300 block of Cobblestone Point Court, according to Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers. Deputies arrived and found the glass on the backdoor of the house had been broken.
The homeowner, who was out of town at the time of the crime, guided authorities through the home to gauge what had been stolen. Among the items confirmed stolen were a handgun, jewelry as well as a debit card.
Authorities suspect the break-in actually happened a day earlier because that debit card had been used at a nearby convenience store and then later attempted at a Walmart in Sugar Land but was rejected.
Surveillance video captured the suspect as he walked out of one of those stores. He's been described as a white or Hispanic male, between the ages of 18 and 25, about 5 feet 8 inches tall with a slim build. He was seen wearing a white baseball cap, a white T-shirt and baggy black shorts. It appears he has tattoos on his right forearm and may have a thin beard.
Information which leads to the apprehension and filing of charges on the suspects involved could earn a reward of up to $5,000.
Call Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office at 281-341-4665, Fort Bend Crime Stoppers, Inc. at 281-342-TIPS (8477) or text plus the tip to CRIMES (274637). Tips also can be submitted online at www.fortbend-tx-crimestoppers.org.
All calls to Crime Stoppers are anonymous.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area?
- Age, injury not stopping this softball player
40 min ago
- Ike-damaged Galveston church gets facelift
23 min ago