Deputy, woman injured in three-vehicle crash on Tomball Parkway
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- A Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office deputy was injured Saturday night in a crash on Tomball Parkway.
It happened just before 7pm on FM 2920 at Falvel, about three miles west of Interstate 45 near Spring.
The accident involved three vehicles -- the injured deputy's cruiser, a Cypress-Creek EMS ambulance and a Nissan.
According to investigators, the ambulance was running with lights and sirens on as it tried to turn onto Tomball Parkway. A woman driving the Nissan didn't see the ambulance and hit it, along with the deputy's patrol vehicle, which was waiting at the light.
Officials said the deputy was transported to Tomball Regional Hospital. The woman in the Nissan was trapped in the vehicle and had to be rescued. She was taken to Woodlands Memorial Hospital.
Their injuries and conditions were not immediately released.
The ambulance was carrying a cardiac patient at the time of the collision who was subsequently transported to Tomball Regional Hospital. There is no word on that person's condition.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos