Man stabbed to death with stiletto in Museum District highrise apartment
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman is accused in a bizarre murder in Houston's Museum District. Investigators say she stabbed a man with the heel of her shoe.
Authorities found the woman in the apartment with the victim at The Parklane, luxury highrise condominiums in the 1700 block of Hermann Drive.
Another tenant called 911 around 4am Sunday, telling dispatchers someone was being assaulted.
When officers arrived, Ana Lilia Trujillo answered the door to a unit on the 18th floor. That's where they found the 59-year-old victim's body.
According to Houston police, the man was stabbed multiple times. The weapon investigators think she used: a stiletto heel.
Officers detained Trujillo and questioned her at the scene. They said she was initially cooperative, but she reportedly stopped speaking to investigators and was transported downtown for additional questioning.
Investigators said the victim lived in the apartment, but Trujillo did not and was visiting. Their relationship is unknown.
Residents at The Parklane were hesitant to talk about the crime. The few who did speak with us off camera admitted they were shocked by what happened.
Trujillo, 44, has been charged with murder.
The victim's name has not been released. The motive is unclear and the investigation continues.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 34 min ago
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested 51 min ago
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 1 min ago
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 47 min ago
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church