Man stabbed to death with stiletto in Museum District highrise apartment
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman is accused in a bizarre murder in Houston's Museum District. Investigators say she stabbed a man with the heel of her shoe.
Authorities found the woman in the apartment with the victim at The Parklane, luxury highrise condominiums in the 1700 block of Hermann Drive.
Another tenant called 911 around 4am Sunday, telling dispatchers someone was being assaulted.
When officers arrived, Ana Lilia Trujillo answered the door to a unit on the 18th floor. That's where they found the 59-year-old victim's body.
According to Houston police, the man was stabbed multiple times. The weapon investigators think she used: a stiletto heel.
Officers detained Trujillo and questioned her at the scene. They said she was initially cooperative, but she reportedly stopped speaking to investigators and was transported downtown for additional questioning.
Investigators said the victim lived in the apartment, but Trujillo did not and was visiting. Their relationship is unknown.
Residents at The Parklane were hesitant to talk about the crime. The few who did speak with us off camera admitted they were shocked by what happened.
Trujillo, 44, has been charged with murder.
The victim's name has not been released. The motive is unclear and the investigation continues.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Information on price tags decoded 26 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston 6 min ago
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 36 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse