Man fakes needing medical help in escape attempt
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A man locked up for criminal mischief in Friendswood could now face even more charges, after a failed escape attempt.
Police say Justin Russo, 30, called for assistance this weekend in jail, saying he needed medical help. The camera in his cell had been covered in toothpaste and a hamburger wrapper. He also used toothpaste to write on the cell door window.
When the medics came in, police say he had faked needing medical help and he tried to escape from his cell. The futile attempt was quickly prevented by officers in the jail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 30 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida 1 min ago
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire 53 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...
- David Tillman's weather forecast
25 min ago