Man fakes needing medical help in escape attempt
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A man locked up for criminal mischief in Friendswood could now face even more charges, after a failed escape attempt.
Police say Justin Russo, 30, called for assistance this weekend in jail, saying he needed medical help. The camera in his cell had been covered in toothpaste and a hamburger wrapper. He also used toothpaste to write on the cell door window.
When the medics came in, police say he had faked needing medical help and he tried to escape from his cell. The futile attempt was quickly prevented by officers in the jail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 47 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names 5 min ago
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner 23 min ago
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- David Tillman's weather forecast
31 min ago