Southern Baptists in Houston for annual meeting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Southern Baptist Convention is holding its annual meeting here in Houston. For the next two days, leaders will discuss a hot-button issue.
The church is expected to cuts ties with the Boys Scouts of America, after the organization lifted its ban on gay members. Baptist churches across the country sponsor nearly 4,000 Scout units, representing more than 100,000 children. Other religious groups have also voiced similar concerns.
The convention will take place over the next two days at the George R. Brown Convention Center in downtown Houston.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase
- Photos: 7 big brands that are struggling 11 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Live: Pres. Obama makes statement on situation in... 9 min ago
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- Mobile home fire claims life of one person in NE Houston 40 min ago
- Study to test 'chocolate' pills for heart health 8 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Malaysia: Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last word
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in SW Houston
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts