Vehicle slams into Gulf Freeway overpass pillars, killing woman and child
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people were killed in a midday wreck on the Gulf Freeway when a vehicle slammed into the concrete pillars of an overpass.
The car, a green Nissan Altima, was traveling northbound on the Gulf Freeway at about 10:15am. According to Houston police, a woman between the ages of 20 and 24 was driving, a man was in the passenger seat and a boy about seven or eight years old was sitting in the back.
Witnesses say the car didn't seem to be speeding, but the driver somehow lost control and went off the road at El Dorado. The car flipped several times before slamming into a concrete pillar of the overpass.
The woman and boy were taken to Southeast Memorial Hospital where they both died. The man was taken to Ben Taub Hospital, listed in critical condition. Their identities have not been released.
An investigation into the accident is underway.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies 10 min ago
- Students, parents react after HISD vote 46 min ago
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael' 11 min ago
- Judge bans gang members from East Aldine Safety Zone 46 min ago
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives?
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!