Bicyclist struck, killed in Liberty County hit and run
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives are searching for the driver who struck and killed a bicyclist in Liberty County Tuesday morning.
Authorities say a good Samaritan on Highway 1409 near CR 456 spotted a man lying face-down in a roadside ditch about 25 feet from his bicycle and called 911. LifeFlight was dispatched to the scene, but the man died before it even arrived.
The victim has been described as a white male in his 50's. His named is being withheld pending notification of family members.
Authorities have not yet determined how long the victim had been lying in the ditch and do not have any witnesses.
Anyone with information regarding this hit-and-run case is asked to contact the Department of Public Safety.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 4 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 1 min ago
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car 34 min ago
- Are more Doritos-flavored foods on the way? 51 min ago
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees