Bicyclist struck, killed in Liberty County hit and run
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives are searching for the driver who struck and killed a bicyclist in Liberty County Tuesday morning.
Authorities say a good Samaritan on Highway 1409 near CR 456 spotted a man lying face-down in a roadside ditch about 25 feet from his bicycle and called 911. LifeFlight was dispatched to the scene, but the man died before it even arrived.
The victim has been described as a white male in his 50's. His named is being withheld pending notification of family members.
Authorities have not yet determined how long the victim had been lying in the ditch and do not have any witnesses.
Anyone with information regarding this hit-and-run case is asked to contact the Department of Public Safety.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller 7 min ago
- Katy ISD student reportedly abducted from campus
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Video: Cabbies compete for ride business
- Video: Pope Francis stirs up a little controversy
- A-list actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 3 min ago
- Man wants to remove 'murder' tattoo before murder trial
- Club's opening night ends in deadly gunfire
- Boy, 9, sang gospel until abductor released him