Bicyclist struck, killed in Liberty County hit and run
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives are searching for the driver who struck and killed a bicyclist in Liberty County Tuesday morning.
Authorities say a good Samaritan on Highway 1409 near CR 456 spotted a man lying face-down in a roadside ditch about 25 feet from his bicycle and called 911. LifeFlight was dispatched to the scene, but the man died before it even arrived.
The victim has been described as a white male in his 50's. His named is being withheld pending notification of family members.
Authorities have not yet determined how long the victim had been lying in the ditch and do not have any witnesses.
Anyone with information regarding this hit-and-run case is asked to contact the Department of Public Safety.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 59 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 56 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant