George H.W. Bush turns 89, wears Superman socks
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Former President George H.W. Bush is showing off his love for colorful, outlandish footwear by donning Superman socks to celebrate his 89th birthday.
Bush spent Wednesday with his family at their summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine. A birthday photo released by his office in Houston shows a smiling Bush on a golf cart, wearing red and blue socks with the DC Entertainment comic hero logo -- complete with tiny capes on the back.
The 41st president has in past years marked his birthday with stunts such as skydiving. But Bush has had medical issues this year, and spent nearly two months in a Houston hospital with a bronchitis-related cough before being discharged in January.
Bush's wife, Barbara, turned 88 last Saturday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 50 min ago
- Severe weather clears Houston
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 14 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 34 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife 43 min ago
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 12 min ago
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- 'Topless' protest falls flat on Brazil beach
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?