George H.W. Bush turns 89, wears Superman socks
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Former President George H.W. Bush is showing off his love for colorful, outlandish footwear by donning Superman socks to celebrate his 89th birthday.
Bush spent Wednesday with his family at their summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine. A birthday photo released by his office in Houston shows a smiling Bush on a golf cart, wearing red and blue socks with the DC Entertainment comic hero logo -- complete with tiny capes on the back.
The 41st president has in past years marked his birthday with stunts such as skydiving. But Bush has had medical issues this year, and spent nearly two months in a Houston hospital with a bronchitis-related cough before being discharged in January.
Bush's wife, Barbara, turned 88 last Saturday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette' 22 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 20 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 6 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie