NLF's bag policy change bans all bags bigger than size of clutch
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- As any football fan will tell you, the NFL season begins in 84 days. But this years Texans fans are banned from taking a numbers of things into the Reliant Stadium, things that were allowed in before now.
The NBA finals may be on TV, but the new restrictions at NFL games are what people are talking about.
"I don't know that I'm on board with all of it. I can understand but I'm not on board," Texans fan Mia Bogerty said.
Following a new league-wide policy, the Texans will now prohibit fans from entering Reliant Stadium with a wide range of bags. The policy is designed "to provide a safer environment... and significantly expedite fan entry."
But many just call it inconvenient.
"As a woman, I think it's kind of unfair because we do need it for babies and our purses as well, so I just think they need to hire more people and have more people at the entrance so we can make it a little easier for us to get through," Texans fan Ashanti Christophe said.
What's not allowed are purses larger than a clutch, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
Chad Stanley takes issue.
"Terrible, terrible idea. Gotta have a seat cushion. Have you sat in those bleachers? Terrible, terrible," he said.
The new restrictions were even the topic of conversation on Sports Radio 610 Thursday night.
Many believe the new policy will spoil their game experience.
"Don't limit us to the size of our bag. You don't limit a woman's bag," Bogerty said.
The NFL is encouraging fans to refrain from bringing any type of bags but if they do, they must meet the following requirements:
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
reliant stadium, houston texans, local, jessica willey
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Black Friday shoppers' credit card info at risk
- Girl, 10, found safely after overnight search
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Police: Multiple casualties following London theater collapse 14 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual' 16 min ago
- Police investigate shooting in SE Houston
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death 17 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Man found reading Bible after chase in NW Harris Co.
- METRO bus involved in accident near Reliant Park
- No more playing in the street, says Florida HOA
- Seattle bus passengers turn tables on robbery suspect
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos