NLF's bag policy change bans all bags bigger than size of clutch
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- As any football fan will tell you, the NFL season begins in 84 days. But this years Texans fans are banned from taking a numbers of things into the Reliant Stadium, things that were allowed in before now.
The NBA finals may be on TV, but the new restrictions at NFL games are what people are talking about.
"I don't know that I'm on board with all of it. I can understand but I'm not on board," Texans fan Mia Bogerty said.
Following a new league-wide policy, the Texans will now prohibit fans from entering Reliant Stadium with a wide range of bags. The policy is designed "to provide a safer environment... and significantly expedite fan entry."
But many just call it inconvenient.
"As a woman, I think it's kind of unfair because we do need it for babies and our purses as well, so I just think they need to hire more people and have more people at the entrance so we can make it a little easier for us to get through," Texans fan Ashanti Christophe said.
What's not allowed are purses larger than a clutch, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
Chad Stanley takes issue.
"Terrible, terrible idea. Gotta have a seat cushion. Have you sat in those bleachers? Terrible, terrible," he said.
The new restrictions were even the topic of conversation on Sports Radio 610 Thursday night.
Many believe the new policy will spoil their game experience.
"Don't limit us to the size of our bag. You don't limit a woman's bag," Bogerty said.
The NFL is encouraging fans to refrain from bringing any type of bags but if they do, they must meet the following requirements:
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
reliant stadium, houston texans, local, jessica willey
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation 10 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase
- Photos: 7 big brands that are struggling
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- Mobile home fire claims life of one person in NE Houston
- Study to test 'chocolate' pills for heart health
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Malaysia: Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last word
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI 58 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded