Big rig wreck damages freeway ramp
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A freeway ramp that was shut down for several hours is now back open, but crews still have to make repairs.
Police say an 18-wheeler carrying concrete panels overturned on the ramp connecting the West Loop south to Highway 59 inbound in the Galleria area.
Crews spent hours checking the ramp and making a temporary fix.
TxDOT officials say they'll need to schedule permanent repairs at another date, which means a closure will happen at some point.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course