Big rig wreck damages freeway ramp
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A freeway ramp that was shut down for several hours is now back open, but crews still have to make repairs.
Police say an 18-wheeler carrying concrete panels overturned on the ramp connecting the West Loop south to Highway 59 inbound in the Galleria area.
Crews spent hours checking the ramp and making a temporary fix.
TxDOT officials say they'll need to schedule permanent repairs at another date, which means a closure will happen at some point.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots 55 min ago
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Residents say raw sewage is seeping into homes
- Woman's car hits west Houston fire station 45 min ago
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Sarah Palin to host outdoors show 22 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- IAH passengers struggle to reach destinations
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools 10 min ago
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach