Man holds son hostage during 3-hour SWAT standoff in northeast Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A four-year old boy is safe with his mother after his dad allegedly held him hostage for hours in a northeast Houston SWAT standoff.
It happened inside a home on Jordan Heights near Little York.
Officers said the woman went to the home to discuss child-support. That's when the father of her child allegedly pistol-whipped her twice.
Another relative inside the home separated them and the woman ran out of the house, but the man stayed inside with their son.
The SWAT team was called in and it took negotiators three hours to get the man out of the house.
Officials said he came out peacefully and his son was not hurt.
There is no word yet on charges the suspect will face.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights 59 min ago
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes 34 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Woman's car hits west Houston fire station
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Mom charged after 4-year-old found in parking lot
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Man charged in July murder of woman dumped in ditch
- Antique telephones brought back to life
10 min ago