Man holds son hostage during 3-hour SWAT standoff in northeast Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A four-year old boy is safe with his mother after his dad allegedly held him hostage for hours in a northeast Houston SWAT standoff.
It happened inside a home on Jordan Heights near Little York.
Officers said the woman went to the home to discuss child-support. That's when the father of her child allegedly pistol-whipped her twice.
Another relative inside the home separated them and the woman ran out of the house, but the man stayed inside with their son.
The SWAT team was called in and it took negotiators three hours to get the man out of the house.
Officials said he came out peacefully and his son was not hurt.
There is no word yet on charges the suspect will face.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 2 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant 54 min ago
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder 41 min ago
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man 23 min ago
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school