ATF agent shoots suspect who allegedly broke into his Spring home
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- A man was shot Sunday morning after allegedly breaking into the Spring home of an agent with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies said the ATF agent awoke at his home on Brookway Willow at Brookway Pine around 4am after hearing the suspect enter his house.
The agent then grabbed his shotgun and confronted the suspect, officials said.
According to HCSO investigators, the homeowner discharged his weapon, hitting the man in the arm.
The suspect reportedly fled the scene in a vehicle, but he didn't get far.
Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office deputies stopped the suspect on FM 1960 near Kuykendahl and arrested him. He was taken to an area hospital where, at last check, he was listed in good condition.
This case remains under investigation. No other details have been released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished Sunday
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- Rice wins C-USA title with 41-24 win over Marshall
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea