Shelter in place lifted after reported ammonia leak in Deer Park
DEER PARK, TX (KTRK) -- A shelter-in-place order was issued for a reported ammonia leak in Deer Park this morning and then soon lifted.
The ammonia leak was reported in the 600 block of Georgia at Ming Foods, a food processing company.
Police say they also shut down Highway 225 eastbound at the Beltway 8 feeder and overpass as a result.
HazMat crews responded and authorities said the leak was stopped.
Officials subsequently re-opened the area, saying there is no danger and never was any danger to the public.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery 16 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Family escapes house fire in east Houston
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day 14 min ago
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas