Dad charged with capital murder in baby's death
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two-month-old Jaden Clay died back in March, and now, his father is charged with capital murder in the infant's death.
On March 11, Jaden was rushed to the hospital where doctors discovered he had a skull fracture, bleeding on the brain and a liver laceration. He died four days later.
According to court documents, doctors says the injuries were consistent with abuse, and the explanations given by Jaden's father and other witnesses didn't explain the baby's wounds.
Jaden's mother reportedly told police that she had dropped the baby off with his father, and when she picked him up two days later, he wasn't responding normally. She says the baby's father told her he had rolled over the baby, and that the child had scratched his eyes.
Joshua Clay, 28, is charged with capital murder. No bond has been set.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore' 39 min ago
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night 44 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in Montrose-area hit-and-run 34 min ago
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck 8 min ago
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- Ohio murder suspect nabbed at Houston buffet restaurant
- Thief steals man's pants and shoots him
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations