Dad charged with capital murder in baby's death
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two-month-old Jaden Clay died back in March, and now, his father is charged with capital murder in the infant's death.
On March 11, Jaden was rushed to the hospital where doctors discovered he had a skull fracture, bleeding on the brain and a liver laceration. He died four days later.
According to court documents, doctors says the injuries were consistent with abuse, and the explanations given by Jaden's father and other witnesses didn't explain the baby's wounds.
Jaden's mother reportedly told police that she had dropped the baby off with his father, and when she picked him up two days later, he wasn't responding normally. She says the baby's father told her he had rolled over the baby, and that the child had scratched his eyes.
Joshua Clay, 28, is charged with capital murder. No bond has been set.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 34 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 12 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone 40 min ago
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers