Robbers wearing HazMat suits hit jewelry store in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- Police in The Woodlands are looking for the group that robbed a jewelry store.
Around 7:30pm Monday, five men wearing white HazMat suits and painter masks stole jewelry from the Jared Galleria of Jewelry store in the 1400 block of Lake Woodlands Drive. At least one of the suspects had a handgun.
The suspects smashed glass display cases, stealing the jewelry inside. They spent only one to two minutes in the store before fleeing, authorities said.
The men arrived in a white Crown Victoria, but abandoned it in front of the store and made their getaway in a white SUV parked at a nearby gas station.
There were about 10 employees and customers in the store at the time. No one was injured. Only vague descriptions of the suspects are available.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
the woodlands, local
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos