Robbers wearing HazMat suits hit jewelry store in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- Police in The Woodlands are looking for the group that robbed a jewelry store.
Around 7:30pm Monday, five men wearing white HazMat suits and painter masks stole jewelry from the Jared Galleria of Jewelry store in the 1400 block of Lake Woodlands Drive. At least one of the suspects had a handgun.
The suspects smashed glass display cases, stealing the jewelry inside. They spent only one to two minutes in the store before fleeing, authorities said.
The men arrived in a white Crown Victoria, but abandoned it in front of the store and made their getaway in a white SUV parked at a nearby gas station.
There were about 10 employees and customers in the store at the time. No one was injured. Only vague descriptions of the suspects are available.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
the woodlands, local
- Severe weather possible this morning 28 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 35 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- New Houston light rail line to open for business 17 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 13 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston 42 min ago
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested 48 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
27 min ago