Robbers wearing HazMat suits hit jewelry store in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- Police in The Woodlands are looking for the group that robbed a jewelry store.
Around 7:30pm Monday, five men wearing white HazMat suits and painter masks stole jewelry from the Jared Galleria of Jewelry store in the 1400 block of Lake Woodlands Drive. At least one of the suspects had a handgun.
The suspects smashed glass display cases, stealing the jewelry inside. They spent only one to two minutes in the store before fleeing, authorities said.
The men arrived in a white Crown Victoria, but abandoned it in front of the store and made their getaway in a white SUV parked at a nearby gas station.
There were about 10 employees and customers in the store at the time. No one was injured. Only vague descriptions of the suspects are available.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
the woodlands, local
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident