Lone Star College heroes honored in ceremony
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The students who helped stop Dylan Quick while he was allegedly stabbing 14 people on the Lone Star College campus got a pat on the back last night. A special award ceremony was held to honor those heroes.
Several officers and Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia attended the ceremony to say thank you to the brave three students who restrained quick until police arrived.
"Bravery and valor don't always require a badge and a gun," Sheriff Garcia said.
Campus police who also helped in the capture of Quick were also honored at the event.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush 52 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea says Kim's uncle removed from power 34 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay