Lone Star College heroes honored in ceremony
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The students who helped stop Dylan Quick while he was allegedly stabbing 14 people on the Lone Star College campus got a pat on the back last night. A special award ceremony was held to honor those heroes.
Several officers and Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia attended the ceremony to say thank you to the brave three students who restrained quick until police arrived.
"Bravery and valor don't always require a badge and a gun," Sheriff Garcia said.
Campus police who also helped in the capture of Quick were also honored at the event.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'