Police seek suspects in N. Houston smash-and-grab theft
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say several men used a vehicle to smash their way into a convenience store in north Houston this morning.
It happened just after 6:30am at the Texaco gas station store along the North Freeway near Rittenhouse.
Police say a group of suspects used a vehicle to smash their way into the store. It appears they were after the ATM inside. It's unclear what exactly they got away with, if anything.
The store sustained major damage. Despite all of the mess left behind, the store is open for business.
The suspects were gone when police arrived. Authorities say they are looking for a maroon Dodge vehicle.
We are gathering more information and will update you on Eyewitness News and abc13.com as additional details become available.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course