Police seek suspects in N. Houston smash-and-grab theft
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say several men used a vehicle to smash their way into a convenience store in north Houston this morning.
It happened just after 6:30am at the Texaco gas station store along the North Freeway near Rittenhouse.
Police say a group of suspects used a vehicle to smash their way into the store. It appears they were after the ATM inside. It's unclear what exactly they got away with, if anything.
The store sustained major damage. Despite all of the mess left behind, the store is open for business.
The suspects were gone when police arrived. Authorities say they are looking for a maroon Dodge vehicle.
We are gathering more information and will update you on Eyewitness News and abc13.com as additional details become available.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery 34 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston 17 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Family escapes house fire in east Houston
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day 32 min ago
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas