Woman charged with killing boyfriend in 1990
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a woman killed her live-in boyfriend and fled to Peru 23 years ago. But now she's back in Houston and facing charges.
It was just before 10am on February 23, 1990, when Gregorio Cardoza, 36, was found dead in his home in the 7100 block of Hillcroft. He had been shot in the head.
Police say their preliminary investigation identified his live-in girlfriend, Rosa San Miguel Aguilar, as the suspect in this case. Shortly after the murder, Aguilar fled to Peru.
On December 12, 2012, Aguilar was taken into custody in Peru by members of the United States Marshal's Office. Aguilar was returned to Houston on Wednesday, June 19, and admitted to HPD homicide investigators her role in Cardoza's death.
Aguilar, 63, has been charged with murder.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1 13 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians