Houston among nation's most patriotic cities
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Just in time for Fourth of July, it seems Houstonians are not shy when it comes to displaying their patriotism.
In a just released list, the Bayou City ranks fifth among the most patriotic cities in America. The list was based on which cities had the highest jump in Foursquare check-ins at local parks, fireworks displays and parades on July Fourth.
Knoxville, Tennessee, Oklahoma City and Raleigh, North Carolina took the top three spots.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 15 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live chat about blood donations
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 57 min ago
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home