Two League City council members cited for fighting
LEAGUE CITY, TX -- Two city council members in Southeast Texas have been cited for disorderly conducted after they allegedly got into a fistfight during budget talks.
Misdemeanor citations were issued to Dan Becker and Dennis OKeeffe following Wednesday night's incident at League City City Hall. Becker and OKeeffe on Friday didn't immediately comment.
League City Mayor Tim Paulissen says a budget meeting was set up with Becker, Councilwoman Heidi Thiess, the city manager and the city financial officer.
OKeeffe and Councilwoman Joanna Sharp Dawson unexpectedly showed up at the city manager's office -- making a quorum. The Texas Open Meetings Act prohibits a quorum of council members gathering to discuss city business outside a properly posted public meeting.
The mayor says an altercation happened between Becker and OKeeffe and police were called.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
league city, local
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 43 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 38 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school 46 min ago
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born