Authorites looking for man they say is exposing himself while watching kids in Clear Lake
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A community is on alert for a man exposing himself in areas where children gather. Authorities say they have a lead in their investigation, thanks to the help of a citizen who took pictures.
It's a normally quiet neighborhood off Pineloch and El Camino Real. But a disturbing problem has neighbors across the Clear Lake subdivision watching their kids a lot closer right now.
"It's sick. It's really sick," said resident Kristen Dickson. "And it's really disgusting."
Neighbors are upset, learning a strange man's allegedly been seen in the area several times this week gratifying himself while watching children playing in public areas. The incidents have parents like Taylor Fama paranoid.
"These sort of things really don't go on in our neighborhood," she said. "Really in the Pineloch community altogether, and when you hear of something like this, it really blows your mind because, again, this is happening right in our back yard."
Witnesses told Harris County Precinct 8 investigators the unidentified man was partially undressed when he was spotted watching the playground in the parking lot of St. Bernadette's Church on Monday.
Deputies say another witness reported seeing the guy groping himself outside Ward Elementary on Tuesday.
"We've got an eyewitness that walked up and took a picture of him in the vehicle and the license plate from the front and the rear," said Captain Jeff Lamar with the Harris County Precinct 8 Constable's Office.
Lamar says investigators are working to track down the older model, red Ford Mustang with Texas license plates.
"It's going to be 939ZFS," said Captain Lamar
These disturbing reports now have investigators urging parents to keep a close eye on parking lots, especially near pools and playgrounds.
Right now, investigators are asking anyone with information about the location of that red Mustang to call the Harris County Precinct 8 constables office at 281-488-4040.
local, demond fernandez
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo