Authorites looking for man they say is exposing himself while watching kids in Clear Lake
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A community is on alert for a man exposing himself in areas where children gather. Authorities say they have a lead in their investigation, thanks to the help of a citizen who took pictures.
It's a normally quiet neighborhood off Pineloch and El Camino Real. But a disturbing problem has neighbors across the Clear Lake subdivision watching their kids a lot closer right now.
"It's sick. It's really sick," said resident Kristen Dickson. "And it's really disgusting."
Neighbors are upset, learning a strange man's allegedly been seen in the area several times this week gratifying himself while watching children playing in public areas. The incidents have parents like Taylor Fama paranoid.
"These sort of things really don't go on in our neighborhood," she said. "Really in the Pineloch community altogether, and when you hear of something like this, it really blows your mind because, again, this is happening right in our back yard."
Witnesses told Harris County Precinct 8 investigators the unidentified man was partially undressed when he was spotted watching the playground in the parking lot of St. Bernadette's Church on Monday.
Deputies say another witness reported seeing the guy groping himself outside Ward Elementary on Tuesday.
"We've got an eyewitness that walked up and took a picture of him in the vehicle and the license plate from the front and the rear," said Captain Jeff Lamar with the Harris County Precinct 8 Constable's Office.
Lamar says investigators are working to track down the older model, red Ford Mustang with Texas license plates.
"It's going to be 939ZFS," said Captain Lamar
These disturbing reports now have investigators urging parents to keep a close eye on parking lots, especially near pools and playgrounds.
Right now, investigators are asking anyone with information about the location of that red Mustang to call the Harris County Precinct 8 constables office at 281-488-4040.
local, demond fernandez
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 28 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course