Teen attacked by shark at Surfside Beach recovering
SURFSIDE, TX (KTRK) -- We have an update on a shark attack that happened in Surfside last week.
The family of Garrett Sebesta, 15, on Friday released a photo of the teen recovering at Children's Memorial Hospital. The family says he has undergone two surgeries and has more to come, but is doing well.
Sebesta was attacked while in waist-deep water on a church trip to the beach. He suffered bites to his leg and hands.
His family says he looks forward to sharing his story once he's feeling better.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 34 min ago
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon 10 min ago
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven 30 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed 44 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 21 min ago
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old