Teen attacked by shark at Surfside Beach recovering
SURFSIDE, TX (KTRK) -- We have an update on a shark attack that happened in Surfside last week.
The family of Garrett Sebesta, 15, on Friday released a photo of the teen recovering at Children's Memorial Hospital. The family says he has undergone two surgeries and has more to come, but is doing well.
Sebesta was attacked while in waist-deep water on a church trip to the beach. He suffered bites to his leg and hands.
His family says he looks forward to sharing his story once he's feeling better.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County 44 min ago
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- It's Free Stuff Friday! 23 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
45 min ago
- Houston's cardinal to attend popes'...
22 min ago