Police chase in southwest Houston ends when officers zap suspect with Taser
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A police chase in southwest Houston ended when officers zapped a suspect with a Taser.
It started around 2am when officers tried to pull over the suspect on Westpark and Alder.
The driver took off and crashed into a car and a pickup within minutes on Skyline at Greenridge
Authorities say the suspect got out of his car and tried to run, but an officer shocked him with a Taser and took him into custody.
The car was not stolen, police say, but investigators believe the driver and two other people may have been burglarizing vehicles in the area. Officials tell us they think he dropped off his accomplices before the chase started.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes 36 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead 58 min ago
- More Houstonians using METRO system 30 min ago
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room 35 min ago
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on Facebook 39 min ago