Police chase in southwest Houston ends when officers zap suspect with Taser
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A police chase in southwest Houston ended when officers zapped a suspect with a Taser.
It started around 2am when officers tried to pull over the suspect on Westpark and Alder.
The driver took off and crashed into a car and a pickup within minutes on Skyline at Greenridge
Authorities say the suspect got out of his car and tried to run, but an officer shocked him with a Taser and took him into custody.
The car was not stolen, police say, but investigators believe the driver and two other people may have been burglarizing vehicles in the area. Officials tell us they think he dropped off his accomplices before the chase started.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor 7 min ago
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating'
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say? 33 min ago