Memorial Villages police officer flips patrol car in northwest Houston crash
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Memorial Villages police officer was involved in an accident Saturday morning while pursuing a possible hit-and-run suspect in northwest Houston.
Officials said it happened around 6:15am on West Interstate 10 near Silber at Post Oak.
According to investigators, the officer thought he spotted a hit-and-run suspect on the service road.
"He made a quick attempt to exit to try to catch up to that possible vehicle and, in doing so, seems to have clipped another car, which caused his vehicle to roll over," said Sgt. J.R. Roberts with Houston police.
The officer's vehicle went through the guardrail and over the exit ramp's embankment, falling 20 feet onto the service road below and landing on its side.
Amazingly, the officer suffered only minor injuries. He was treated and released from the hospital.
Police tell us the driver of the other car involved in the accident was not hurt.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site 31 min ago
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark 49 min ago
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees 20 min ago
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act
- HISD board to discuss mascot controversy 10 min ago
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker