Memorial Villages police officer flips patrol car in northwest Houston crash
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Memorial Villages police officer was involved in an accident Saturday morning while pursuing a possible hit-and-run suspect in northwest Houston.
Officials said it happened around 6:15am on West Interstate 10 near Silber at Post Oak.
According to investigators, the officer thought he spotted a hit-and-run suspect on the service road.
"He made a quick attempt to exit to try to catch up to that possible vehicle and, in doing so, seems to have clipped another car, which caused his vehicle to roll over," said Sgt. J.R. Roberts with Houston police.
The officer's vehicle went through the guardrail and over the exit ramp's embankment, falling 20 feet onto the service road below and landing on its side.
Amazingly, the officer suffered only minor injuries. He was treated and released from the hospital.
Police tell us the driver of the other car involved in the accident was not hurt.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 45 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 26 min ago
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects 16 min ago
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret