HCSO: Man ambushed, shot in north Harris County mobile home park
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was in the hospital Saturday night recovering from two gunshot wounds after he was robbed outside his north Harris County home.
The victim, Dorian Prado, was shot once in the arm and once in the leg, but police say he is expected to recover.
Carlota Alvarado showed us the direction the man who robbed and shot her son-in-law ran, through the Trinity Royal Coach Trails mobile home park on West Hardy near Pear.
She says Prado had gone to drop off a friend early Saturday morning, and when he came back home around 4am, he was approached outside by a man with a gun who demanded money.
According to Alvarado, Prado gave the man $400 cash out of his wallet, but the suspect still shot him.
Alvarado says Prado and her daughter have two young children, and the family hasn't had any trouble here before.
The case remains under investigation. Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies say two men could possibly have been involved in the crime. Investigators are still trying to track down the suspects.
Anyone with information about this shooting can call HCSO or Crime Stoppers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel 36 min ago
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthough year' 37 min ago
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Burglar picks wrong target: Prosecutor's house
- Girl left brain dead after tonsilectomy
- Stores open for 100 hours to attract shoppers 33 min ago