HCSO: Man ambushed, shot in north Harris County mobile home park
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was in the hospital Saturday night recovering from two gunshot wounds after he was robbed outside his north Harris County home.
The victim, Dorian Prado, was shot once in the arm and once in the leg, but police say he is expected to recover.
Carlota Alvarado showed us the direction the man who robbed and shot her son-in-law ran, through the Trinity Royal Coach Trails mobile home park on West Hardy near Pear.
She says Prado had gone to drop off a friend early Saturday morning, and when he came back home around 4am, he was approached outside by a man with a gun who demanded money.
According to Alvarado, Prado gave the man $400 cash out of his wallet, but the suspect still shot him.
Alvarado says Prado and her daughter have two young children, and the family hasn't had any trouble here before.
The case remains under investigation. Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies say two men could possibly have been involved in the crime. Investigators are still trying to track down the suspects.
Anyone with information about this shooting can call HCSO or Crime Stoppers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos